So, here’s the basic rundown:
1. Remove Makeup
2. Cleanse Skin
3. exfoliate (optional)
5. Optional – Treatment (Serums, anti-aging, skin brightening, Vitamin C)
6. Moisturize (ESPECIALLY oily skins)
7. Spot Treat & Protect
Tina’s Top Tips:
1. Keep it as simple and gentle as possible. The fewer ingredients, the less chance of weird reactions/interactions.
2. REMOVING YOUR MAKEUP is a separate step! Don’t waste your expensive cleanser or ingredient dense toner by washing it down the drain with your mascara!
3. Don’t use extreme temperatures on your face. They cause irritation and inflammation which over time leads to aging. Gentle is always best…no matter what your skin type or condition.
4. Change one product at a time! It’s easier to know what’s working or what your skin is reacting to that way. Give products a good 2-4 weeks to see positive results.
5. In general, you don’t have to wait between steps…unless you have noticed an issue.
6. Moisturize and protect from boobs up, plus your hands. Don’t forget the ears! Every day. Every skin type!
7. If you’re over 30, find products with HA in them. Or make your own and add some HA to it.
Hyaluronic Acid: ‘Hyaluronic Acid (which you might find hiding on the labels of some of your skincare products as HA), is naturally occurring in the human body,’ says Dia Foley of Indeed Labratories. The substance works as a magnet for moisture, helping your cells retain as much of it as possible so that your skin feels and appears hydrated, plump and healthy.
8. Apply products with your finger tips when you can, in upward strokes